Sheree White Sorrells
Owner, designer and craftsperson of Whitewoven Textile Arts & Studio since 1981. Produced handwoven products in rugs, table linens, wearable art clothing, floorcloths, and studio furniture for sale to interior designers, architects, galleries, and individuals. Invented technique of GraffitiMats with husband, Ken Sorrells. Operated a public studio and showroom since 1981. Organized and managed up to 20 craft fair exhibitions annually, including travel and transport of equipment and products. Employed up to seven gallery and studio assistants.
Owned and operated Cross Currents Gallery: The Handcrafted Home retail gallery 1999-2005
Founded, organized, and managed The Autumn Showcase:The Art, Craft, and Music of Haywood County 1995 - 2000, working with up to 70 local artists, craftspeople and musicians and held at the Balsam Mountain Inn during September and October.
B.F.A., Western Carolina University 1978, Haywood Community College
Juried Lifetime Memberships:
- Southern Highland Craft Guild, 1978
- Piedmont Craftsmen, Inc., 1981
- Carolina Designer Craftsmen, 2007
Selected Juried Exhibitions:
- American Crafts Council: Baltimore, Atlanta, Sarasota, Charlotte, St. Paul, San Francisco
- Longs Park Art Festival, Lancaster PA
- Ft. Worth Art Fair, Ft. Worth TX
- Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans LA
- International Furniture Market, High Point NC