GraffitiMats are handmade fabric collage items by Sheree White Sorrells and Ken Sorells in their fiberarts studio, Whitewoven Textile Arts & Studio, in Haywood County, North Carolina. The studio location address is 2542 Dellwood Rd., Waynesville NC 28786. The mailing address is 1834 Cove Creek Rd., Waynesville NC 28785. The studio is open to the public by chance or appointment.
The finish on GraffitiMats is an original recipe formulated by Sheree to be durable, flexible, non-yellowing, non-cracking and non curling. It is water based, and therefore will react to soaking water. Occasional water spills that are wiped away in a reasonable amount of time will not affect GraffitiMats. Water pools allowed to stand on the surface will result in a "cloudy" spot, which will disappear on its own in about an hour. Total saturation by flooding (see below) will result in permanent damage. We continually work with our finish to improve its performance. We still use the original floorcloth in our own home in front of our kitchen sink. It has been in that place or in our entry way for 15 years. Because we make our items as functional artwork, they are used and enjoyed in the most heavily trafficked areas of a home. This is our intention and our joy.
Our mats are made for everyday use, and for two years we guarantee your mats to be stain free within the perimeters of this warranty. That adds up to over 2000 mealtimes! Or if a floormat, 700 days in front of your kitchen sink. We are confident your GraffitiMats will perform beautifully for many years. For two years after purchase, if a GraffitiMat stains, we will replace it at no charge within the perimeters of this warranty. Validation of the warranty may be required for replacement. The purchase receipt may be required at our discretion, and we may choose to offer a replacement from our current inventory.
This limited guarantee is offered with the following perimeters:
- GraffitiMats are stain resistent to normal food particals. Stains resulting from chemicals, paint, cleaners, mildew or other non-food items are not covered in this warranty.
- GraffitiMats are not meant to be a plate. Do not put food directly on the mat.
- GraffitiMats can handle tempertures suitable for human consumption. They are not meant to be a hot pad.
- GraffitiMats should not be used as a cutting surface.
- GraffitiMats are made for indoor use. Do not leave out in the rain, or outdoors overnight.
- GraffitiMats are resistant to pet accidents, but our guarantee does not extend to pet damage.
- Mats that are damaged (curled) by repeated butting up against a cabinet or wall are not covered by our warranty. These mats should be affixed to the floor at original installation by underpadding or double-faced tape. *Curling can usually be repaired on a GraffitiMat.
- Mats that are damaged by doors having inadequate swing clearance, and therefore scrapping the mat are not covered by our warranty.
- Normal wear and tear evidence is to be expected, and is not considered a flaw, and is not covered by replacement warranty.
- FLOODING, whether indoors (plumbing malfunction) or outdoors (rain, dew) flooding and saturation will cause damage to a GraffitiMat, AND is not covered by our warranty. *Should this happen you may lessen the damage by immediately 1) drying the floorcloth front and back. 2) Then hang it on a clothes line until it is completely dry throughout. Do not fold or drape or roll the floorcloth. Complete drying may take 3 to 4 days. If the floorcloth is rumpled after drying, this can be corrected. (contact us.) If it is stained after the drying, that is permanent.
Any item installed in a well trafficked home will show signs of wear. Our mats will also. They will wear much like a fine piece of leather. They are not made to have a glass smooth surface. You may see variations on the surface. These variations do not affect the durability of the product. Cleaning is best done with a water damp mop. A nylon or plastic type scrubber may be used if necessary. Strong cleaners should be avoided. Scuff marks usually clean off, but paste wax can make stubborn scuff marks go away.
Our mats may be repaired and/or reconditioned. We offer this service free of charge, and ask that the customer pay only shipping. Please ship only with pre-arrangement to Whitewoven Studio by email: email@example.com
Validation of the warranty will be required for replacement. If replacement is requested, we will ask for specific information about the event that caused the failure. This will include the conditions under which occurrence happened, how was the mat being used, what specific food item caused the stain. The occurrence should be able to be duplicated in our studio according to the customer's guidelines. If the failure cannot be duplicated, we reserve the option to not validate this warranty.
This warranty may be edited at any time. Please consider the most recent version of the warranty when making decisions.